Wednesday 23 March 2011

R.I.P Kurt Cobain

Recently I was reminded of a fascination I used to have with Kurt Cobain. When I was a teenager, I had a boyfriend who loved Nirvana. Back then, I didn't really appreciate the music, but I remember thinking there was something about the lead singer that was....charismatic. Unfortunately, by the time I fell in love with him, it was too late. He had ended his life. But as I learned more about him, more about his life and his love of art and music, the more I was saddened by his death.

When I was challenged to write an article about Kurt Cobain last week, I was a little dubious. If you have been reading my blog for a long time, you will know that I am not a grunge girl. I like cheesy music and boy bands! But that fascination for the man behind Nirvana was still lurking under the surface. With a little help from my friend, I managed to pull together an article about the life of Kurt Cobain and I must say, I am quite proud of it. I would like to say a huge thanks to Simon Cox for his guidance - your knowledge is incredible!

The Life and Death of Kurt Cobain

3 comments:

  1. yes rest in peace kurt such a talent such an artist and such a great person we all miss you so very much you will live on in our hearts forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister loved Kurt Cobain! She had posters, music, the whole nine yards! Such nostalgia!

    I'm co-host of the A-Z blogging challenge and wanted to stop in and say hello! You have a very fun blog! Should you have any questions just stop in and let us know!! I hope you stop by my blog to say hello! We are also having fun on twitter (you can find the link only blog)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! Thanks for commenting! I am really looking forward to the blogging challenge! I plan to visit as many blogs as possible when I get a little time to myself :D

    ReplyDelete