Friday 7 December 2012

Listen Up SOiL Fans - Your Band Needs YOU!

Yeah, it's fair to say I am still on a post gig high from Tuesday night in Plymouth, but with my time being a little bit limited since I got back, I've been a bit slow in getting this post ready! Better late than never, right? :D

For those of you who missed my last post - this week, I was lucky enough to meet SOiL at the Fozzy VIP dinner and had a brief chat with them before the show started. Honestly, I didn't know a whole lot about them at the time, but after hearing them live, I had to know more! After visiting their website, I noticed they are nearing the end of a Kickstarter campaign to help them raise money so they can make their next album the best it can possibly be for the fans.

What's brilliant about Kickstarter campaigns, is that they don't just ask you to hand over money and get nothing in return. No, no. Depending on how much you pledge, you can get your hands on some awesome, exclusive goodies including advance downloads, signed photos, signed CDs, and even a sit in at a studio session!

On SOiL's official website, lead singer Ryan McCoombs explains that the Kickstarter project allows the fans to get involved, and means the band can keep control of everything that is involved with the process of creating a new album.

You may be wondering why I - a writer from the UK - would have any interest in this campaign. Well, here's the thing. I can totally relate to anyone who wants to remain in charge of their creativity, and  stay true to who they are and what they want to do. Secondly, SOiL are an awesome band, and even though they have already reached their target, any extra cash raised will go towards touring, and let me tell you - SOiL live is something every rock fan needs to see! Finally, the guys were just really cool and so, if you want to help them out during the final hours of their campaign - click here for details!


No comments:

Post a Comment