Wednesday 3 March 2010

Mondegreens!

As a lifelong fan of music, I have always had a thing for lyrics. I hear a song I like and I need to learn the words immediately so I can scare the neighbours with my singing!  But occasionally there are songs I hear and think "Surely that can't be right."  This happened when I was innocently singing along to Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison many years ago. The line (which I shall not repeat for worry of causing offence at the rudeness!) came out quite naturally, but made no sense and was....well....filthy! After I worked out what the real words were I realised that mis-hearing lyrics is something I do quite often, occasionally causing hilarity among my friends.

It might be that I am easily amused, but misheard lyrics have been known to make me cry with laughter and as we can all use a little laughter from time to time, I compiled a list of my favourite "mondegreens". Please read, and let me know what some of your favourite misheard lyrics are!

Funniest Misheard Lyrics

3 comments:

  1. LOL U ARE VERY SWEET, THERE ARE SO MUCH SWEARWORDS IN SONGS THESE DAYS WE CANNOT KEEP UP, GREAT POST XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, there are many swear words in songs now!

    Glad you enjoyed reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this article was so funny! Let me think for a second... hmmm... I guess I can't think of any I've misheard in a while, but I'm sure it'll come up later. I'll get back to you. :P

    ReplyDelete