Tuesday 23 March 2010

Top Ten Break Up Songs!

In honour of  Top Ten Tuesday at the wonderful blog of ohamanda I'd like to share my list of the top ten break up songs! We all know the feelings that wash over you when you break up with someone. Misery, pain, anger. But music has magical healing properties and I think this list can help!

1. Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson

2. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrisette

3. With or Without You by U2

4. Strong Enough by Cher

5. Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac

6. F*ck You by Lily Allen

7. How Can You Mend a Broken Heart by Al Green

8. Leave Right Now by Will Young

9. Survivor by Destiny's Child

10. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor

For the more detailed version of this list, please click here and feel free to leave your own suggestions in a comment!

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how songs can totally encapsulate your feelings...and bring back some strong ones?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing! Some songs, even if you haven't heard them in a long time, can still transport you back to a time when they really meant something to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful song choices. I love Alanis Morrisette especially. She seemed to capture my precise feelings in her music during my last break up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alanis Morrisette certainly knows how to write pain. I have had breakups when I felt that way too, but screaming along to her music always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never having broken up (I married my first and only BF), I wouldn't know... but some great songs, nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, you're so lucky!:D Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES we can relate songs to sadness, happiness, the works, u chose well Karen love them all xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a solid list! I too have been put through the ringer when it comes to break ups. They all sucked foresure but I decided to write a tune about it. It has help me to feel better and I know it has been working for others to - it is a big favorite at the bar. Anyway, if anyone is interested, you can hear it here -> http://music.planetcorey.com/track/to-all-the-girls-bitterness

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's rather unique! But a great way to unleash your feelings! :D

    ReplyDelete