Tuesday 2 March 2010

Why I love promoting rising stars....

Whatever you wish to excel in, you have to start at the bottom. Occasionally, a lucky break can come along and you could find yourself becoming successful quickly, but even if that is the case, it can only be maintained through hard work.

The music business is notoriously difficult to get into. It has been made a little simpler in recent years with the invention of YouTube, MySpace, Facebook and blogging, but to make a living from music requires a lot of work and even those with enormous talent can still struggle.

I like to think that I have a pretty good ear for finding the artists that will make it and those who don't quite have what it takes. I had heard of Lady Gaga a long while before she stormed the charts with Just Dance, Muse were an unknown local band when I first listened to them and Alexandra Burke was a clear X Factor winner the first year she auditioned for the show.

While I cannot take any credit for the success of the stars I mentioned, it occurred to me that by writing articles I could give a helping hand to musicians who are just starting out. It gives me a chance to combine two of the things I love, and if reading my articles encourage people to listen to the people I have interviewed, I have helped them reach more potential new fans. Plus, it would be pretty cool to say that I helped *insertfuturefamouspopstarnamehere* before they were famous!

Here is one of my rising star interviews. An amazing young lady from California, named Kelly Fauth.

An Interview With Kelly Fauth

3 comments: